Interfaces with homebuyer and trade partners to perform final orientations and diagnose, schedule and complete warranty service work.
- Pre-walk homes prior to New Home Orientations to provide punch list as quality control of finished product.
- Conduct homeowner walk-throughs (as requested), acquainting homeowner with functionality of home including the operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, maintenance of home, etc.
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and trade partners in the completion of walk-through repairs within five (5) workdays.
- Schedule and supervise trade partner warranty repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner.
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims and follow through to completion of all service requests within seven (7) days.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Customer Care Manager on progress and status of work on all open warranty Cases.
- Maintain positive homeowner relations, provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely, and professional service.
- Evaluate trade partner and product performances. Provide on-going information to Customer Care Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials.
- Participate in emergency on call rotation service schedule.
- Work with Customer Care Manager on special projects as needed.
- Participate and attend department meetings.
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of residential construction, customer care, or construction field experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but will accept equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
Requires the ability to work eight (8) hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, outside elements, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read Plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Confrontational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Attention To Detail