Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Manager who is passionate about driving growth and contributing to a winning team. The Category Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading and further developing key retail category(s) and brand(s) within the in-store bakery portfolio. The Category Marketing Manager will evaluate the product portfolio, help define the growth strategy, and develop initiatives that establish a foundation for growth and innovation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop annual business plans to support brand/category growth.
- Determine overall marketing objectives and strategies including advertising, packaging, pricing, promotion, merchandising, and product innovation.
- Lead and manage creative, PR, and packaging design agencies.
- Analyze category performance and insights translating into actionable plans for continued growth and development of the portfolio.
- Manage advertising & promotional budgets.
- Lead the development and commercialization of new product launches.
- Effectively lead cross functional project and commercialization teams.
- Work in close partnership with Sales to identify market gaps and growth opportunities.
- Available for moderate travel (25%)
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- 5+ years marketing/category management, Consumer Packaged Goods experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with syndicated databases (IRI, AC Nielsen, etc.)
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Self-starter who thrives working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once.
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills to consistently drive operational efficiencies.
- Adaptable, persistent, strong initiative results oriented.
- Entrepreneurial, Self-starter with a natural curiosity.
- Passionate about food, a plus
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.