Ace Hardware is in the business of helping communities across America and around the world. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to remain open and essential to the communities we serve. To ensure we are able to do that, our leadership team has made the difficult decision to temporarily pause on hiring across all corporate positions in order for Ace’s Talent Acquisition Team to focus its efforts in providing recruitment support to our Distribution Centers. They are on the front lines in supplying our retailers with product so they can continue to operate as essential businesses in their communities. Unfortunately that means we will not be able to reach out and recruit in the interim for this position. We still invite you to apply and will review your application as soon as we resume our corporate hiring efforts. Thank you for your interest in Ace Hardware Corporation!
The IT Network Associate is an entry level position, responsible for upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of systems supporting business operation. In this role, the individual will participate in provisioning, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, managing and maintaining network devices, network bar code scanning devices, network thermal printing devices, endpoint asset management, and rugged mobile device management.
The IT Network Associate will collaborate with team members and participate in delivering standardized enterprise network solutions, support services, network management, monitoring and all other work as assigned. This role will also collaborate with the team to develop skills with all related technology components.
1. Understand the vision and strategy for enterprise network engineering and warehouse endpoint solutions.
- Participate in IT warehouse barcode scanning and thermal printing solutions from research and design, to implementation and support
- Work at the direction and supervision of manager and teammates in the development of IT enterprise network engineering solutions and processes that align with Ace policies and Business requirements
- Interact with appropriate resources to understand, support and advance policies, governance, and purchasing processes
2. At the direction and supervision of manager, interact with IT stakeholders and team members to participate in the analysis and interpretation required for detailed warehouse bar code scanning, thermal printing solutions and enterprise network services that include:
- Support for key business initiatives
- Participate in connectivity assessment/design sessions
- Participate in developing, testing and delivering mobile device packages and detailed solutions
- Participate to ready all solutions for operational turnover to corresponding support teams
3. Work at the direction and supervision of manager and team members to continuously improve and expand existing technologies:
- Participate with projects, services, and suppliers to provide enhancements to existing technologies that enable value-added services
- Assist in the identification of technology solutions to improve customer experience, system performance, capacity, and availability
- Participate in planning for new technical solutions that solve critical business problems
- Participate identifying new controls, system health monitoring and logging procedures for maintenance, troubleshooting, and supportability
4. Work at the direction and supervision of manager and team members on technical support activities:
- Participate in diagnosis of warehouse bar code scanners, thermal printing problems and IT enterprise network
- Participate with install, testing, quality assurance, upgrades, fixes, patches, configuration changes to maintain maximum system availability and performance.
- Participate as a technical resource with persistent bar code scanning, thermal printing and network issues
5. Work at the direction and supervision of manager in the business management of the enterprise network:
- Assist with the maintenance of status and project reports, roadmaps, hardware/software lifecycle, replacement roadmaps, and all other written documentation as assigned
6. Continuously develop skills:
- Pursue relevant technology training and certification
- Stay abreast of the changing technologies of the IT network industry
- Engage with vendors, attend workshops, webinars, research web sites and trade publications
- Remain current with review of vendor updates, technology lifecycle roadmaps, attend workshops, and webinars
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 1 year of related experience
- Foundational understanding or exposure to bar code scanning devices, mobile device operating systems (Android, iOS), thermal and line printing services, network systems (LAN/WLAN/WAN), and network cabling
- Foundational understanding or exposure to the management and administration of network hardware and mobile device management systems
- Exposure to situations requiring good business acumen; analytical, interpersonal, negotiations, time management, industry knowledge, project management, written and oral communications
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner with attention and sensitivity to the audience and content
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio is required
- Research skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Self-starter with interest in developing and maintaining an end to end understanding of how solutions are utilized by the business
- Strong interest in emerging technologies and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective team player with ability to collaborate, cooperate and communicate peers across business units
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.