Residential Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood's portfolio represents a variety of multifamily product that includes high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team.
We're seeking a positive individual who is always ready to learn, grow, and take on new challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the on-site team in managing all maintenance-related repairs and upkeep of the property.
- Manage the make ready process to ensure apartments are prepared for move-in in a timely fashion.
- Initiate, perform & oversee maintenance projects that improve curb appeal, maintain and optimize building systems, and monitor contractor performance.
- Develop scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek out qualified contractors to bid the work.
- Manage expenses properly in accordance with owner goals and actively seek to minimize expenses regularly, through the proposal process and pricing negotiation, as well as the budgeting process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, negotiate pricing, collaborate on approved vendor list.
- Direct supervision and support for the maintenance team on a daily basis, including identifying training and development opportunities and holding the team accountable for the condition of their buildings and work areas.
- Direct the Preventative Maintenance program, ensure timely completion and thorough documentation.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal housing requirements as it relates to leasing and management of the property.
- Create and motivate a team that focuses on customer service and curb appeal on a daily basis.
- Manage and control payroll and overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be detail oriented and hard working.
- Extensive knowledge of residential building systems a must, including but not limited to, air handlers, condensing units, roof fans.
- Professional building system licenses are preferred and may be required based on the building type of the assigned property.
- HVAC and/or CFC certifications required (or other applicable designations)
- Lead paint certifications (as necessary)
- Asbestos certifications (as necessary)
- CAMTI and CAMTII are preferred
- Proficient using maintenance related programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, email and web searches.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person and by phone and email, with high professionalism.
- Successful candidates will exhibit a demonstrable passion for high quality results and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to accomplish innovative projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and on an emergency basis.
- Support all other positions
- Perform other assignments and duties as required
The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, the ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and the ability to understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in residential property management or a related field is required.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various owner gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state. You must also be able to attend certain resident events that are held after hours.
- Minimum of basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to use Outlook and OneSite
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum of basic Internet knowledge
Must be capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to 50lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance.
Learning & Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as needed.
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short- Term
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is a growing company that is looking for talented professionals who want to be part of a strong team focused on providing superior management services to our residents and owners. If you share our desire to be the best for our residents and communities, then you belong with Edgewood.
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Provide Service
- Use Hand Tool