To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2443 Warrenville Road
Lisle, IL 60532
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Project Manager
Energy Systems Group • Lisle, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What do you get when a group of passionate, customer-focused professionals unite under a shared mission for delivering innovative energy solutions to help customers go green?
You get an energy services provider that continuously strives to deliver excellence and that is accredited by the National Association of Energy Service Companies (NAESCO). Energy Systems Group (ESG) provides innovative solutions for the modernization of buildings and energy infrastructures in the government, education, healthcare, and commercial sectors through our core business of performance contracting and extensive network of utility partnerships. ESG also designs, builds and operates landfill gas processing facilities and cogeneration plants and offers a full range of waste-to-energy and renewable energy solutions.
ESG is currently for a highly motivated individual to join our Midwest Region team as a Project Manager, working mainly in an area in Chicago. Experience with the scheduling and reporting requirements of schedule-driven production is also preferred. As with all candidates hired by ESG, the selected individual's employment will be contingent upon a drug test and background check. Below are details and requirements of the Project Manager role that will be considered in addition to the aforementioned requirements.
The Project Manager coordinates all aspects of project execution, ensuring a smooth transition from the design phase to the installation and on-going service and support phase of the completed project. This includes, but is not limited to, advising and assisting the Account Executive in estimating and managing the account, conferring with engineering personnel on technical information, procuring and managing outside contractors, scheduling project phases and training customers' maintenance personnel. The Project Manager manages all aspects of project finances including change management, revenue projections, customer billings, and quarterly updates. The Project Manager acts as the primary point of contact for all internal personnel, external contractors, subcontractors, and customer agents to coordinate all aspects of project installation. This individual ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and that customers are satisfied with both the installation and the end result.Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Account Executive to ensure that prompt and accurate estimates and pricing are achieved and consistent with project goals
- Develop and maintain ongoing contact with the customer to schedule and coordinate all work performed and to ensure clear and consistent communication about the projects progress, costs and training
- Assist engineers in obtaining quotes from outside mechanical, electrical, and construction contractors and vendors; choose appropriate contractors and vendors for each project; issue contracts; schedule and manage all contractor and subcontractor work and ensure on time arrival of all project equipment and supplies
- Coordinate with ESG management, Finance and Accounting support groups to ensure project is on track and cost objectives are met
- Approve quarterly Project Delivery Affidavits which list documents and records used to recognize revenue and customer billings
- Collaborate with Project Accountant to review Project Metrics report that contains contract value, percent of completion, billings, contingency and margin; flags on report that generate action items include under billings by more than 5% and margin deviation by greater than 3%
- Monitor labor, materials, project modifications and work completion and make changes as necessary to ensure achievement of project objectives within cost and time constraints
- Work with temperature controls contractors to ensure systems, software and control strategies achieve project goals
- Oversee all aspects of installation, working with all parties involved to proactively prevent and solve quality and other problems that may arise in the course of the project
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective project work force, providing training and supervision for each member assigned to the project and coordinating team member activities to meet project objectives
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all OSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety regulations as well as all ESG policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of all changes in federal, state, and local safety regulations and company policies as they pertain to the project installation and implement system changes as required
- Analyze project costs and work with accounting and finance departments to determine customer billing
- Perform related work as required or deemed necessary by management
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with minimum of one (1) year construction related experience, OR
- Minimum of five (5) years' related experience in the construction industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum construction related requirements include:
- Exposure to project development
- Exposure to working with and directing project teams
- Experience in developing schedules
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, including customers, in a professional and ethical manner
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA, Federal, and State safety regulations
- Five to ten (5-10) years' construction related experience, including:
- Experience in project development
- Training and supervision
- Working with and directing project teams
- Successfully scheduling projects
- Running jobsite progress meetings
- Working directly with owners in a professional and ethical manner
- Managing project budgets
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects from development to project closure
- Demonstrated ability to manage project budges and project schedule, properly document projects, work well with customers, and achieve customer satisfaction on every job
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work with all levels and types of people
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and/or concrete variables
- Ability to assist employees in understanding project objectives and specifications and seeing the other side of an issue
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at ESG, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
ESTIMATED TIME ALLOCATION: 50-75% frequent travel is required, including overnight travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a desk and operate a computer, often sitting for long periods of time. Literacy is essential for this job. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to think quickly on your feet while maintaining a level head. The ability to defuse sensitive issues is mandatory.
Frequent travel is required, including overnight travel.
The employee is required to practice, recognize, and interpret safety precautions and follow safety rules and OSHA requirements as they relate to the job. The employee is required to work in an indoor environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Energy Systems Group reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including main accountabilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Energy Systems Group prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Energy Systems Group to implement opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status, as embodied in federal, state, and local legislation. Equal employment is a part of all of our personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, all hiring, placement, promotions, transfers, advertising, training, and termination policies.