To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pontiac, MI 48341
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Substitute Assistant Teacher
My New Company • Pontiac, MI
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About Oakland Family Services
Oakland Family Services is a private, not-for-profit, human services organization that provides programs from four offices and within our community located throughout Oakland County. As a leader in child and family-focused services, Oakland Family Services reaches more than 35,000 individuals and 18,000 families each year. We offer a warm and engaging work environment and the opportunity to work with dedicated professional colleagues. In addition to excellent benefits, we offer flexible work schedules, advancement opportunities, work-life balance initiatives and more. Join our team and make a
difference. Join us in our mission to build brighter futures for those we serve, while building your OWN brighter professional future.
Responsible for managing the overall day-to-day operations of a preschool classroom in Oakland Family Services’ Children’s
Learning Center. The Assistant Teacher will provide physical care and implement activities with the children. The Assistant Teacher reports to the Early
Childhood Education Manager.
Specific Duties/Job Expectations
- Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities utilizing the High/Scope Approach with children.
- Maintain standards of quality in the classroom as required by State licensure and accreditation.
- Maintain classroom responsibilities in the Lead Teacher’s absence.
- Assist in keeping accurate records of the children’s attendance, meal records, unusual incident reports, medication for children, allergies, and sign-in/out sheets for parents.
- Assist in anecdotal observations of children on a daily basis, and assist in completion of assessment of children’s development.
- Communicate positively and professionally with parents.
- Conduct for each
enrolled family a minimum of two parent-teacher conferences per school-year.
- Supervise and ensure
the safety and well-being of each child.
- Assist in maintaining
the arrangement, appearance and learning environment.
- Assist in the
supervision of classroom volunteers.
- Other duties as
- Must possess proper training in early childhood development, including, but not limited to, a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or Associate Degree in child development or other similar program or equivalent continuing education experience as approved by the Michigan Department of Education. Experience and knowledge in Early Childhood Education and developmentally appropriate practices. Experience in the High/Scope Approach
- Positive Classroom and Behavior management techniques and strategies.
- Good organizational skills.
Special abilities and skills necessary to perform the required tasks and that best meet the needs of the agency also will be considered. Any
standard above may be waived when compensating specifications or circumstances exist.
Oakland Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer