To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, TN
- Morgan Temple
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Network Engineer II
Acadia Healthcare • Franklin, TN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Network Engineer II
Under general direction, the Network Engineer II manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Responsible for evaluating current systems. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Provides work leadership and training to lower level network engineers. Requires expert knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications. Provides direction, information and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; proactively addressing network optimization needs.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Administration of systems and servers related to the network infrastructure to ensure availability of services.
- Maintain and support Acadia Healthcare's multi-site network operations.
- Coordinate repairs and technical support for network services and systems.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of networking and security technology platforms. (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPM, Wireless, Email Routing, etc.)
- Support 24X7 operations as needed for network infrastructure after hours & weekend.
- Respond to tickets in a timely manner to ensure that IT meets its Response and Closure SLAs.
- Execute Acadia Healthcare IT's incident management processes to properly triage, resolve and/or route issues to the appropriate IT resource for support or escalation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ years demonstrated experience in an independent role supporting LAN/WAN environments and systems or 2+ years of Mid-level experience in one area of networking.
- Mid-level knowledge of voice and data communications.
- Mid-level knowledge of TCP/IP, switching and routing.
- Mid-level knowledge of infrastructure components such as switches, routers, firewalls, and servers.
- Ability to escalate and involve other resources as required to provide support per Acadia Healthcare IT Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to think quickly and respond effectively to high-visibility situations.
- Ability to train, explain and impart knowledge to others.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability to operate most standard office equipment.