The ultimate goal of the program is to develop a Assistant Store Manager Trainee (ASMT) who is ready to become a Sears FLS Assistant Store Manager at the conclusion of a 4 ‐ 6 week training/overview program.
The program consists of, but is not limited to, facilitated, job shadowing, on‐the‐job, self‐study, and online training. At the conclusion of his/her training, the ASMT must demonstrate a solid understanding of Sears Retail operations.
The primary focus of the training will be in one of the following areas; Operations, Human Resources, Hardlines and Softlines merchandising, Loss Prevention and/or other areas as defined during the scope of the job including special projects and event assignments.
* Learns the day to day operations of maintaining and managing a Sears Full Line Retail Store department.
* Understands and participates in coaching selling skills & sales forecasting for a department.
* Identifies sales opportunities and changes approach to drive a different outcome.
* Identifies local merchandise assortment opportunities and partners with necessary field and support center resources to rectify and solve.
* Learns to analyze margin and profit levers for a department. Develops action plans to address opportunities.
* Review and adjusting merchandise assortment opportunities by applying knowledge gained during training.
* Maintains national presentation, signing and pricing standards for a department.
* Learns how to manage associates schedules, monitor attendance and address issues accordingly.
* Ensures productivity of associates in meeting expectations in an efficient manner, with high integrity.
* Learns how to effectively coach associates for success within the organization through effective communication, associate observation, timely feedback, recognition and performance management/performance reviews.
* Learns recruitment process of new hires to fill open and anticipated labor needs of hourly and salaried associates.
Education Requirements: Associates degree or higher, and/or equivalent retail experience is desired.
* Leadership skills and abilities
* Dedication to customer service
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
* A Minimum 1‐3 years experience in retail merchandising, business development, Human Resources or other relatable areas of business development is required.
Candidates must have a demonstrated history and understanding of business complexities and their role in successfully executing retail operations and performance strategies similar to those in a Sears FLS unit.
#job #retail #management #assistantstoremanager #hardlines #bloomingdale #illinois
Maximize Sale Potential
Achieving Budgeted Sales