To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Blue Apron • Richmond, CA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Reporting to the Senior Manager, FSQA/SQF, this position will assist in design, implementation, and compliance with the Company's food safety plan and quality requirements for the Arlington Fulfillment Center. Identify potential food-safety and quality issues while conducting complex Food Safety and Quality System audits. Provide technical support to corporate and facility management on food safety, quality and regulatory issue resolutions and corrective actions. Work with Sourcing and other internal stakeholders to assure compliance with food safety and quality requirements of company facilities. Technically interpret and align third-party audit and Company food safety and quality expectations. Train facility teammates to properly conduct GMP and Food Safety audits and assure AUDIT READY status at all times.
Assist with the annual update of VMS Questionnaire, based on changes in Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards, corporate policy, and/or changes in regulatory requirements.
Assist facilities with local training needs inclusive of, but not limited to, Allergens, Good Manufacturing practices (GMP’s), HACCP and Preventive Controls.
Assist facility management in developing and implementing corrective actions, consistently and clearly defining the critical issues and approaches to be used in resolving food safety and quality audit findings. Follow up with facility management to assure adequate and appropriate responses to audit findings.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Must be able to write Create, Execute and Implement a Food Safety Plan, Related SOPs and all Supporting programs
- Respond to customer complaints: investigate, evaluate and communicate to upper management and trend data
- Must be able to effectively train others on SOPs and FSQA Programs
- Compile best practices and observations from facility inspections to be shared across the region.
- Manage 3rd Party Verification audit management
- Set up and Conduct Internal Food Safety Validation Studies
- Must be able to review all records
- Must be able to interact with all supervisors and leads in a positive and effective manner
- Provide failure analysis and corrective actions.
- Responsible for ensuring the employees follow GMP and safety guidelines.
- BS in food science or closely related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in food manufacturing
- Proficient in GFSI based audits
- Ability to analyze data and project trends
- 3 years of supervisory / leadership experience
- Formal training in PCQI, HACCP, SSOP's, GMP's
- Proficient with computer
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach about and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands with or without reasonable accommodation
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.