To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
765 Sycamore Drive
Milpitas, CA 95035
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Teledyne Technologies • Milpitas, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Teledyne e2v partners to improve, save, and protect lives. As a global manufacturer that designs, develops, and manufactures technology systems and components, our innovations lead developments in healthcare, life sciences, space, transportation, defence and security and industrial markets. As a result of our track record of innovation and technological breakthroughs, e2v continues to be involved in many high-profile ground-breaking programs.
Our success is built on long-established relationships with industry partners. The combination of our strong in-house technical capability, and links with technical authorities and universities, ensures that we can bring together the right level of expertise for a diverse range of technical challenges.Position Summary and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions (including but not limited to intercompany, compensation and benefits accruals, payroll, cash, allocations in/out) using various ERP systems (Great Plains and OneStream)
- Prepare monthly reporting schedules to executives, providing commentary and noting flux changes from prior periods;
- Perform month/year-end financial analysis of actual results against budget/forecast and understand business conditions to ensure financial statements are reported in accordance with GAAP
- Participating in business transformation projects to streamline and drive financial close processes improvements
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Complete complex balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis
- Prepare and file Sales tax and sales and use tax returns
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Demonstrate an understanding of various accounting processes and identify root causes/areas for improvement
- Research technical accounting issues and be able to work with management on solutions
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX requirement
- Support the Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing for key balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist with reviews and audits conducted by external/internal auditors
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting/Finance environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- Proactive and independent person who identifies issues and drives them to resolution
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of state taxes, sales and use tax and fixed asset capitalization procedures
- Strong organizational skills with ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, who takes initiative and demonstrates ownership until work is completed
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains) is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- US Citizen