To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Centreville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Security Officer - DIRECT HIRE
Nesco Resource • Centreville, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
• Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure DSS and customer compliance; accurately reports security posture to Division Security Manager.
• Interface directly with program management to address security items specific to each program/contract.
• Develops, conducts, coordinates and delivers all site and program-specific security education programs ensuring all facility personnel complete appropriate security training.
• Conduct security awareness briefings and debriefings including counterintelligence, pre- and post-travel, and suspicious contact reports to site personnel.
• Coordinates, submits, and confirms employee security clearances via multiple platforms to include JPAS, reviewing e-QIP/SF-86 documentation, and conducting initial security briefings.
• Maintains, accountability for all classified material, including shipping, receiving, logging, marking, and dissemination.
• Oversees badging of employees, visitors, consultants and government representatives to ensure compliance with L3 policy.
• Conducts and coordinates investigations into security violations related to cleared information systems; ensures corrective actions are implemented.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience or the equivalent in job-relevant work experience.
• Successful completion of DSS FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities curriculum
• Thorough understanding of related DoD security policies including DoD 5220.22-M (NISPOM), and other DoD compliance regulations
• Direct experience in assisting / supporting Classified Materials Control Center, Physical Security, Personnel Security, and Access Control in the DOD collateral security environments.
• Must have hands-on experience with databases such as E-QIP, JPAS, ISFD, and SIMS.
• Analytical ability to understand and interpret DoD and company security policies and procedures.
• Must be U.S. Citizen.
• Final transferrable Secret security clearance.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and strong organization skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with all levels of internal and external customers, managers, employees, contracts and security personnel.
DESIRED JOB SKILLS:
• COMSEC experience