To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norfolk, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CMA CGM • Norfolk, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 504 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2017, they carried 18.9 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs more than 30,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position will be responsible to:
- Develops database structures using tables, stored procedures, functions, views, indexes, performance tuning and security; for both development and production environments.
- Manage and supports all internal databases using Oracle, MYSQL and MSSQL and or other database related technologies.
- Develop queries, functions and stored procedures using T-SQL, Windows Command Prompts and Batch Files to retrieve data from core application databases such as LARA/LISA to automate the day-to-day business needs.
- Modify existing database queries, views, functions, indexes and reporting.
- Develop technical specifications, documentation and code while working independently or as part of a team.
- Provide multi-office support to key business end users during implementation and production.
- Support and troubleshoot production business intelligence tools as required, optimizing performance and resolving production problems in a timely manner.
- Identifies gaps in scripts and procedures, communicate options for implementation of features.
- Suggest innovative ideas to solve business problems with existing or new technology
- Provide production and non-production DBA on call-support.
- Assist in training new database application developers.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree required.
- Minimum 1 year of hands on experience creating tables, views and analytical queries using transactional SQL statements from a database, other than Access.
- Knowledge of database administration techniques, theories, design and tools
- Knowledge of database performance management and monitoring tools
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL database administration; MS SQL Management Studio, Navicat Premium, Visual Studio, PL/SQL
- Experience as a systems analysis, report developer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Logical in-sequence thinking is necessary for issue resolution
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well under pressure
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.