As a combined organization, 189045435 and 189045435 is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Human Resources Specialist is primarily responsible for providing support to the Human Resources function and subject matter expertise around policy, worker’s compensation, compliance, and benefits to all employees across the company. This position also provides mentorship to the Human Resources Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for the overall organization, maintenance, and accuracy of all employees' electronic records and files
- Act as resource for employees to address and resolve inquiries and problems relating to the Human Resources function
- Administer and update the various HR Systems ensuring the accuracy of information
- Oversees administration and support of all benefit programs, including renewals and open enrollment in collaboration with Manager of Benefits and Human Resources Compliance
- Monitor possible areas of HR-related compliance risk and implements corrective action plans for the resolution of current and potential problems
- Initiate random drug tests and background checks for existing employees per compliance and/or contract/policy requirements
- Continuous improvement of HR and systems processes to ensure high standards of efficiency, data accuracy, and compliance
- Administer all employee benefit enrollment changes including in health, dental, vision, life, 401(k), and disability insurance coverage
- Facilitate COBRA enrollments, terminations, and changes between vendors
- Coordinate benefit paperwork, ensuring timely and accurate processing of information according to procedures
- Facilitate and bridge communication among HR team about possible and ongoing issues
- Administration of worker's compensation claims
- Coordinate Wellness programming and activities
- Run and prepare reports from employee database as requested
- Build and maintain strong vendor relations
- Update employee timesheets as necessary for various leave of absence situations
- File documents into appropriate employee files; perform system audits as necessary
- Perform HR audits, including medical insurance rosters
- Respond to employment verifications
- Support and process unemployment claims
- Obtain signatures on important documents when necessary
- Assist with HR audits, including medical insurance rosters, workers compensation, etc. This may include billing reconciliation as needed.
- Assist with investigations into claims reported
- Assist with insurance planning, applications, renewals, and administration
- Backup support for various HR tasks as needed
- Responsible for various compliance tasks
- Compose and prepare letters, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree – Required
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Human Resources – Preferred
- 3 or more years of Human Resource experience
- Previous experience with payroll/HRIS systems
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients, and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Estimated Wage Range: $43,500 - $52,000+
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, parental leave, and more!
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer