We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Distribution Center Lead oversees and assists with the day-to-day activities of assigned shifts and associates, as instructed by the Distribution Center Supervisor and/or the Distribution Excellence Manager. The DC Lead acts as a 'player-coach,' monitoring and assisting the work of warehouse associates performing a variety of duties related to warehousing, transportation and safety and inventory functions in the warehouse. The DC Lead also assists with implementing work procedures to increase productivity and improve service within the operation.
Oversees and assists with the day-to-day activities of assigned shifts as instructed by the Distribution Center Supervisor. Assists with evaluating the performance of team members and providing training experience as needed giving feedback to the distribution center management. Assist with the reinforcement of SEAL and Standard Work along with assisting with implementation of the SEAL Operating Systems and Standard work to increase productivity and improve service within the operation. Records, either by manual or automated inventory control system, the receipt, storage and distribution of equipment, supplies and specialty items in centralized warehouse operation Assists with supervision of maintenance of facilities, product handling equipment and inventory warehousing control systems, manual or automated. Coordinates all assigned warehousing activities with management and administration Champions safe working conditions and monitors associates to ensure safe operation of equipment within the warehouse Perform other duties as assigned by the Distribution Center Supervisor.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Distribution Excellence Managers
- Distribution Center Supervisors
- Other Distribution Center Leads
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Computer literacy is required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to motivate others to carry out assigned tasks
- Is a good steward of company resources and displays a sense of urgency in completion of assigned duties and tasks.
Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team
- Ability to implement and follow through with the SEAL Operating System
- Self-management: set well defined and realistic goals, display initiative and commitment to meet goals and work with minimal supervision
- Decision making: make sound, well informed and objective decisions
- Creative thinking: use imagination to develop solutions to problems.
- Continuous learning: recognize strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrate respect: handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”.
- Teamwork: work collaboratively with all departments to coordinate effective work environment
- Be accountable for results: assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behavior, decisions, and results
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying the position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All associates hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are associates at will and the company reserves the right to terminate associates at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R09170