CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Business expert in operational expenditures and local revenue tasked to perform revision programs for non-automated validation processes of OPEX invoices, extra-costs and costs associated with special events and support the creation of risk assessment models. The Cost Controller (Recoveries) executes projects within CMA CGM and on-site at terminals and vendors’ installations to mitigate and reduce potential risk of overbilling or fraud. This individual should display a strong level of integrity, outstanding communication, have analytical skills, and good attention to detail.
This position will be responsible to:
- Perform analytical evaluation of data and operations, revision of processes, SOPs, instructions, etc. to identify loopholes and risks to formulate audit programs to ensure proper invoice control and cost - revenue recovery when applicable
- Develop revision plans to verify adherence to internal processes, perform inquiries and testing as needed to identify and resolve vulnerabilities leading to recommendations to enhance current set up.
- Communicate with other departments to verify records and confirm company policies, review and analyze transactions, documents, records, reports and accounts relating to OPEX and local revenue
- Conduct on-site missions at terminals and vendors’ installations to verify procedures, operating rules, and compliance aimed to mitigate and reduce potential risk of overbilling or fraud
- Prepares working papers and revision reports of findings. Document, Raise, follow up on claims and recoveries resulting from audit projects
- Support and engage in a team mindset of high performance, participate in permanent improvement actions and support a team culture of innovation.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in accounting, business, Industrial Engineering or a similar subject, from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience as internal auditor, cost control, operational audit
- Working knowledge of risk assessment
- Training or working knowledge in Project management
- Training or working knowledge in Lean Six Sigma or another optimization methodology preferred
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office products and data visualization
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex situations
- Strong ethical standards, high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with strong presentation skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Accepts responsibility and accountability with focus on results
- Ability to monitor and manage priorities and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to develop processes and design process manuals
- Ability to read and interpret contractual agreements
- Available for frequent national travel
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Preferred experience with ERP/OCEAN/SAP/LARA/ACE
- Preferred experience as internal auditor in Big 4 audit firms
- Experience in project of costs management or account payables compliance
Experience in international business preferred
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure !
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
- Complex Problem Solving