To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
274 West 40th Street
New York, NY 10018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Mental Health Clinician
Services for the UnderServed • New York, NY
Posted 23 days ago
The Senior Mental Health Clinician will be involved in an innovative mental health treatment program that will provide short term critical time interventions to individuals as they transition from a hospital/ institutional settings to the community. The role will involve program planning and development, community based assessment and treatment of clients, and crisis management. The role will require on call coverage and a willingness to be flexible.
- Review referral packages and conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments to determine the consumer’s medical, psychiatric, housing and other social needs in the community.
- Develop a short-term person centered treatment plan to assist the clients towards achieving their goals.
- Monitor, evaluate and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with inpatient treatment teams and plan with them appropriate discharges for clients.
- Foster relationship with community provides to ensure that clients are connected with appropriate services as they transition back into the community.
- Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental and physical illness, family issues, housing problems and unemployment.
- Provide ongoing psycho/ education to clients, their families and others within their support network.
- Provide out of hours crisis intervention services to clients and their support network.
- Work with clients and their housing providers to resolve clinical issues that are impacting on the client’s ability to manage and retain supportive housing
- Attend and participate in team meetings and supervisory sessions
- Escort consumers, when indicated, on appointments with community based treatment providers.
- Collaborate with Health Home care coordinators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in social work, mental health counseling, or marriage and family therapy.
- New York State Licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor. LCSW preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years post-masters work experience in the mental health field, preferably with the target population.
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERCompany Overview
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island. Learn more about S:US, our mission, and values by visiting sus.org.
Benefits Overview: We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays