Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), a leading innovator, marketer, and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn, and garden supplies markets, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Pet Segment located in Franklin, WI.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support our mission of being a low cost producer of quality Aquatics products by focusing on developing critical manufacturing processes to produce products that are currently manufactured overseas or by third party suppliers, help decrease time to introduce new products in market by converting R&D innovation into products that are manufactured locally, and design and implement processes to increase efficiency and reduce production time while maintaining quality.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Develop specifications for acquisition and operation of new and existing equipment to accommodate process, product and packaging specifications.
- Lead/participate in activities to optimize Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Background with manufacturing methods process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Proficient in the use of computer software required to support work.
- Strong analytical background.
- Experience completing and presenting Capital Authorization Requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Combination of office and plant environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- PPE required in manufacturing areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Packaging And Labeling