SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER POSITION:
Senior Software Engineer is expected to apply excellent team leadership techniques and industry standard (e.g., ISO 9001:2008, CMMI, applying Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development methods) analysis and design techniques to design and develop complex software systems for trainers (e.g., surface and subsurface). Enhance corporate design capabilities and standards, while leading the software technical efforts of the engineering team. The position requires researching and applying advanced software architectures (e.g., run-time architectures, SAAS, S-1000D conversion, procedure automation, web based software development, automatic testing, ARINC 610C etc.), mathematical models, system modeling (e.g., shipboard systems, engines etc.), graphical models and programming techniques to design, develop, maintain and extend innovative products and solutions for simulation and training.
No supervisory responsibilities. Works without technical supervision and leads/mentors one or more development groups.
Designing, developing, and testing subsystem for simulation and training systems using Waterfall and/or Spiral processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Breaks down design and development tasks entailed by the project and assigns them to team members using judgment of each member's core competency, experience, and productivity
- Assists project engineer with scheduling tasks in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that governs the project's execution
- Works without guidance to design and develop software subsystems, particularly critical software components using the project-dictated object-oriented languages, scripts, and libraries
- Prepares presentation material to support design reviews, and leads team in overall preparation and review, particularly during the design and development phases
- Advises and mentors junior engineers, as needed, in pertinent development areas (e.g., multi-threading, synchronization, memory management, data encoding and storage, I/O, network protocols, computational modeling, and algorithm design and analysis)
- Leads the testing of developed subsystems in accordance with specified test procedures and resolves associated discrepancies/deficiencies
- Leads software teams' peer reviews to validate adherence to coding and implementation standards
- Manages a project's software configuration and bug tracking functions during the development and testing phases of a project respectively using prescribed standards
- Assists in the development of test plans and procedures to validate the functional correctness and desired performance of the final product
- Assists technical writers with documenting the design of assigned software subsystems
- Continually apprises project engineer and program manager of progress on assigned task(s)
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Supports research and development
- Performs all other duties related to essential duties as assigned