To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Havre de Grace, MD 21078
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist - Havre de Grace, MD
Medline Industries, Inc. • Havre de Grace, MD
Posted 1 month ago
As a Human Resources Generalist, you administer human resources policies and procedures for all team members in assigned business units to include, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, orientations, compensation and benefit administration.
- Answer basic employee questions (i.e. health club reimbursements, where to find benefits info, tax forms, address change, etc.) or direct employee to the appropriate "expert" for a response.
- Partner with HR management when conducting local level investigations and resolving team member issues.
- Develop and execute positive employee relations initiatives. Coordinate chat sessions, pulse survey, etc. Foster and maintain quality relationships with team members by interacting and being available.
- Support the leave of absence process in partnership with corporate Leave of Absence team and management to include team member accommodations, communication, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in the unemployment process as needed.
- Conduct on-boarding and new hire orientation. Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback as needed.
- Accountable for maintaining employee records and for HR reporting (headcount report, training records, disciplinary tracking and performance evaluations).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of HR experience to include at least 1 year of recruitment experience.
- Experience applying knowledge of state employment laws to assess compliance issues.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel at up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- HR experience in a distribution center environment.
- PHR or SPHR preferred