Eaton’s Aerospace division has an opening for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, New Product Development. The position is located at the Camarillo, CA Facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer- NPD is functionally responsible to support program management & engineering through timely support of manufacturing activities through the new product development cycle.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Engage cross-functionally with the plant and with engineering to define product and process through MRP (materials requirement planning) to systematically allow new product to flow through the factory
- Active engagement with the facility to support on-time completion of program deliverables through manufacturing process excellence
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, and process documents (work instructions) to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, and cost targets are achieved
- Manage and process manufacturing change orders to ensure implementation of engineering releases
- Maintain and improve product flow through the plant through reduced inputs into the MRB (material review board) process and Process stop occurrences, resolving and preventing issues quickly when product stops occur
- Provide functional and technical support within the assigned area of focus as well as the organization as required to support goals
- Provide manufacturing support to launch new product development projects through ProLaunch
- Actively participate in manufacturing of prototyping and development hardware to provide real-time input to design team
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and other Eaton and industry standard practices
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of engineering or manufacturing engineering experience in an assembly manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Camarillo, CA will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- 5 years of engineering or manufacturing engineering experience in an assembly manufacturing environment for new product development
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certifications, with demonstrated results
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of SAP for MRP applications
- Experience with Enovia, or a similar product lifecycle management tool
- Experience with or exposure to the following manufacturing processes: stamped, machined and molded components and connectors assembly
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER ITD
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Six Sigma Methodology
Quality Management Systems
International Traffic In Arms Regulations