ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position:
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the effective implementation of the Global L&D strategy and associated initiatives within the region of operation. Working closely with Managers and the Global L&D Team, the role will support in identifying people development needs, creating, coordinating and/or implementing learning and development initiatives with the goal of developing organizational capability, maximizing effectiveness and enabling the achievement of ALS strategic goals.
- Partner with the Global business strategy and regional objectives by providing relevant, accessible and timely training & development solutions;
- Track and report training progress across the region and produce regular updates to stakeholders;
- Monitor and audit in-house LMS and online learning participation for the business stream(s);
- Source appropriate trainings identified via employee or manager feedback (e.g. Individual Development Plans, Engagement Surveys, Performance Appraisals) as well as cost effective trainings both internally and externally;
- Drive training initiatives by identifying, arranging and/or delivering suitable training solutions for employees or managers/supervisors;
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate employee training and development events according to the needs of the business and Global L&D Strategy;
- Utilize electronic course development to support business needs including new hire orientations, compliance/quality requirements, technical skills and personal effectiveness;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and incorporate the feedback when planning future training & development initiatives;
- Provide consultative support services such as mentoring and coaching managers/supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts;
- Lead the administration of iLEAD (and other Leadership and development programs) and support Team Coordinators within the region;
- Source developmental or assessment resources and provide assistance or guidance with implementation where required;
- Collaborate with regional management and Human Resources to add contribution when creating a capability development plan for their business steam including succession plans;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health & safety policies and procedures while remaining fully aligned with our ALS core values;
- Special projects may be assigned regarding region-specific business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development or other related field;
- Attainment of a recognized training/coaching qualification preferred;
- Three to five years of experience in developing and delivering material is required
- Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
- Ability to stand for a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- You may be exposed to unpleasant odours;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and may require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster