Required Security Clearance:
Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking:
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement:
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement:
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement:
DoD CSSP Requirement:
Base-2 Solutions is looking for a top-notch software engineer to join our team. We are driven to solve challenging customer problems by leveraging innovative technical solutions. Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that drive decision making and impact our national defense. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and UI design. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Experience with some or all of the following:
- IDEs such as Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Visual Studio and VS Code
- Operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux and macOS
- Team collaboration and issue tracking tools such as Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), GitHub and ServiceNow
- Software frameworks such as Spring, Angular and Bootstrap
- Databases such as Oracle, MySQL and MongoDB
- Build tools such as Maven and Jenkins
- Containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Configuration management tools such as Git, SVN and CVS
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph clearance is required.
Amazon Web Services