To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrence, MA
- Sarah McCloud
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse PRN
Lawrence Comprehensive Treatment Center • Lawrence, MA
Posted 2 months ago
We are currently seeking a Per Diem LPN Licensed Practical Dispensing Nurse for our Lawrence Habit OPCO Comprehensive Treatment Center. Hours are as needed/Per Diem.
Lawrence Habit OPCO CTC, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Dispensing Nurse (LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse) provides basic medical care to patients in an outpatient addiction recovery environment; maintains standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with clinic policy and procedures; provides for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of medication to patients consistent with the organization's procedure and as ordered by the Medical Director or Physician; responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient's symptoms, responses and progress.
Responsibilities of Licensed Practical Nurse LPN:
- Works under the supervision of the Medical Director and the Clinic Director and maintains practical nursing professional standards of care;
- Prepares and administers medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner, maintains accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the patients);
- Charts medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner, documents nursing care provided, maintain appropriate records related to patient's progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and ADP;
- Dedicates a minimum of 90 percent of regularly scheduled work hours to activities directly related to the administration of medication; the remaining 10 percent of regularly scheduled work hours will be dedicated to other activities as assigned by the Medical Director or Clinic Director;
- Responsible for urine collection and processing, reading test results as ordered by Program Physicians and the completion of all forms involved in these procedures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Licensed Practical Nurse LPN:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health or addiction recovery field
- Training or experience treating patients in an outpatient treatment program
- There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license in the state of Massachusetts.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.