Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our Optum Common Digital Capabilities (CDC) team, in this role you will play a significant part in architecting, designing, and developing digital solutions used across multiple member-facing portals. You will work in Agile Scrum environment, collaborating closely with the business product management and members of a global engineering team. You will apply your skills in a highly dynamic, innovative, forward-thinking environment that follows industry best practices and fosters engineering culture.
A qualified candidate is a seasoned engineer with solid Java development experience, advanced knowledge of modern frameworks, solid software integration experience and interest in application architecture. He/she will develop application code hands-on and collaborate with the Platform Architect and stakeholders to define innovative digital solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with product and IT stakeholders to build understanding of systems or APIs involved in integrations
- Demonstrate solid interest in application architecture and build knowledge of the products’ application and platform architecture
- Recommend complex integrated solutions that fulfill business requirements and align with technology roadmaps
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Provide technical thought leadership and mentor less experienced developers
- Contribute to defining technical road maps; identify technical improvement and refactoring opportunities
- Ensure that all delivered solutions adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, availability, extensibility, security, and portability
- Work with geographically distributed Agile teams
- Work with product owners, product managers, and other stakeholders to groom & solution features
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for features, user stories, and tasks
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Review code and approve code merges, providing technical guidance & best practices
- Document and share technical best practices including coding standards and developer guides for chosen tech stack
- Be aware of current security trends, tools, and requirements
- Provide input to planning activities
- Work outside of standard office hours as needed and, on occasion, support night-time releases
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Java and modern back-end development frameworks, such as Spring
- 3+ years of experience with REST APIs and Microservices
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Distributed system architecture and software integration experience
- Full-stack engineering experience
- Adobe experience Manager (AEM) development experience
- Working knowledge of Agile development lifecycle and CA Agile Central
- Advanced communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts
- The ability to successfully manage work priorities in a dynamic, high-demand environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.