Software development on Customer Premise Equipment/Platforms.
• Design and develop Wi-Fi and other applications forembedded Linux, with supporting unit tests and documentation
• Integrate Wi-Fi software and drivers from silicon vendorsinto CommScope router software stack.
• Develop code primarily using the C programming languagetargeting embedded environments. Potential use of scripting and/ordifferent languages (shell, python, LUA).
• Work with software configuration management tools, defecttracking tools, and peer review techniques
• BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, orequivalent experience
• 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience in embeddedsoftware development using the C language
• Experience developing software using embedded SDKs,frameworks and/or BSPs, device drivers, and OS fundamentals (memory management,signal handling network state, etc).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting onembedded targets. e.g., GDB, shell scripting, packet tracing (tcpdump,wireshark)
• Self-motivated, detail oriented and strong team player
• Experience interacting with embedded devices using methodssuch as syslog, serial console, and SSH.
Some Experience in all or subset of the following highlydesirable:
Linux kernel networking stack knowledge (Netdevice, SKB, IPConntrack)
Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3networking, QoS
Network and/or application security expertise (L2/L3firewall, DPI)
Knowledge of IEEE 802.11/WiFi and related protocol standards(e.g. WPA, RADIUS, WPS, WMM)
Knowledge of methods/architecture/technology related to WiFiconnectivity: e.g., Easy Mesh, SON, AP steering
Embedded System Architectures (e.g. Processors,Co-Processors, Bus Interfaces, PCIe, DMA, GPIO)