Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Research Associate. The Research Associate conducts research under the direction of a senior scientist supervisor with the goal of bringing new capabilities and innovation to the Research and Development Department. The primary aim of this position is to expand bioreactor capabilities at Fujifilm Irvine Scientific. Additionally, this position will handle activities relating to cell biology research, process development, and innovative technologies.
- Develop and incorporate new methods for upstream bioprocessing to support media development
- Carry out projects to develop new bioprocessing and bioreactor capabilities for various cell types in R&D
- Perform assorted biological/biochemical assays such as cell counting and antibody quantitation
- Exercises judgment within generally defined procedures and SOPs and practices to determine appropriate action
- Independently design experiments and analyze data to meet deadlines
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Adhere to Good Documentation Practices & Good Laboratory Practices
- B.S. in Engineering, Biological Science, or equivalent with a minimum 4 years relevant working experience with bioreactor processes
M.S. in Engineering, Biological Science or equivalent with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience with bioreactor processes
- Experience with bioreactors is required
- Experience with perfusion, ambr15 or other systems is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is required
- Prefer experience handling multiple types of mammalian cell lines in both adherent and suspension cultures
- Experience with non-mammalian cell culture including insect cells and bacteria is a plus
- Some teaching experience is preferred
- General life science lab safety knowledge
- Ability to use professional concepts, company policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent work
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Cell Biology, and Bioprocessing
- Advanced knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of statistics, including DoE
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- Ability to be a team player and collaboration with colleagues is critical
- Ability to speak, write and read English fluently
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.