Irvine Scientific, a member of Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in cell therapy and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company’s consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 45 years, Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are hiring for a Research Associate. As a Research Associate, you will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the development of new or improved products. The Research Associate will conduct all activities relating to cell biology research, product development, technical product support, or process improvements.
- Perform cell culture experiments for development of cell biology research, product development, technical product support, and/or process improvements.
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within general defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Perform various chemical/biological assays.
- Perform data analysis and experimental design.
- Prepare formal reports and presentations.
- Actively participate in group/project meetings.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Document information.
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to performe a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems.
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology.
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software.
- General knowledge of project management.
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.