Quality Manager – Middletown, OHIO
Our client is a progressive and major manufacturer in highly engineered steel tubing. We provide products to OEMs in multiple industries including automotive, construction, agriculture, appliance, energy, recreation and many others.
The Quality Manager position is responsible for the development, management and improvement on new and existing quality system components that ultimately supports continued value to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Desired and/or Required Skills/Experience
- Translates applicable industry standards or customer specific requirements into the organizational structure and processes.
- Develops an understanding of core processes that supports specified requirements, including gap identification and helps facilitate continual improvement across all functional areas.
- Supports our client in the support of customer and regulatory audits and visits. Drives closure and the coordination of reported non-conformities.
- Assists in the completion and or submission of APQP, PPAP Control Plans, FMEA, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, Layout, etc. for new and existing product.
- Ensure compliance to ISO/IATF management system requirements and keeps abreast to changes.
- Supervises and assigns duties to Quality Inspectors.
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining all Calibration activities, both internally and outside services.
- Oversees laboratory activities, including chemical testing of processing fluids.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Sound problem solving skills with familiarity with 8-D, 5-Why, Fishbone, etc....
- Ability to manage time efficiently and address multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated competence to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc....
- Knowledge of calibration, inspection methods, blue print reading, statistics, quality charting, and process capability
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO/IATF 16949
- General understanding with AIAG recommended guidelines i.e., APQP, PPAP, FMEA and MSA
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (A Must).
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits including healthcare, 401(k) match, profit sharing, education reimbursement and annual bonus potential. Relocation assistance is available for the ideal candidate.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Advanced Product Quality Planning
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Production Part Approval Process
Quality Management Systems
Continuous Improvement Process