To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Smith, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Surg Tech: $26
Maxim Healthcare Services • Fort Smith, AR
Posted 2 months ago
The Surgical Technician/Tissue Processing Technician isresponsible for the sterilization of surgical equipment, arrange surgical equipment and adjust medicaltools to ensure that the surgical devices are functioning properly.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions
- Assists team members to place and position patient on table
- Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves
- Aids team to don gowns and gloves
- Maintains supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation
- Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation.
- Puts dressings on patient following surgery
- Counts sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation
- Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers
- Cleans operating room
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Surgical Technologist certification as applicable per state and/or client requirement
- One year experience as a Surgical Technician preferred (Tissue Processing Technologist – only) Prefer a degree in biology related field which includes a degree / certification as a Surgical Technologist
- Current CPR card
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs