To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
405 Tiffany Park Circle
Gaffney, SC 29341
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Gaffney, SC
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is part of the team providing direct care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. The PCT supports clinical staff, start to finish, throughout the dialysis treatment process, and delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- Sets up and tears down the dialysis blood system for the treatment process.
- Inserts and removes access needles in patients for dialysis treatment.
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment, documents changes in the patient condition, and informs charge nurse of problems during treatment.
- Calculates patient’s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Maintains and tracks inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient privacy and rights.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Previous healthcare experience preferred.
CNA, EMT, Medical Asst., CNT, with Phlebotomy skills are desired.
- Dialysis experience preferred.
The PCT must be certified as a hemodialysis technician by a nationally accepted certification exam within 18 months of date of hire (DCI prefers within 12 months of hire and will help you obtain this certification).
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: