To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nevada, IA 50201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Construction Project Manager - Healthcare
CH2M & Jacobs • Nevada, IA
Posted 23 days ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position will be located in Ames, IA. Previous Healthcare PM experience in Construction is required.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this position has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
- 10 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
- 14 years of experience in a project related technical field required
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>