Collins Aerospace is seeking a Systems Engineer to support their Commercial Aviation Networks (CANS) Engineering division located in the Annapolis, Maryland headquarters. The Systems Engineer will work on the GLOBALink system, which is an air-to-ground communications system serving the commercial aviation and government air traffic authorities around the world. GLOBALink is comprised of hundreds of radio ground stations, interfaces to satellite ground-earth stations, interfaces to hundreds of airline and civil aviation authority systems, and complex, proprietary message processing and system management servers, all connected by a complex and sizable communication infrastructure. The system is subject to continuous change as networking and communication technologies evolve.
The Communication Systems Engineer will:
• Perform engineering analysis of the GLOBALink service.
• Perform DataComm Operational Defects Analysis.
• Perform audits, which includes analyzing call records and logs for all aircraft and identifying issues.
• Become fluent in GLOBALink’s communication protocols, including ACARS/VDL/ATN/FANS/CPDLC.
• Learn to develop SQL queries to gather engineering performance data.
• Analyze individual aircraft and airline fleet performance issues.
• Analyze RF Coverage and provided ongoing support related to managing Surface, En Route and Transition Region coverage issues.
• Present findings and conclusions to both internal and external groups.
• Industry or academic experience in data analysis.
• Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Fluent in the English language with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Analyzing performance of complex systems through statistical analysis.
• Experience working in a highly integrated team environment with software, hardware, and network engineers.
• Experience working in communications systems.
• Experience working in a service oriented business model for engineering.
• Experience working with government customers.
• Experience with aeronautical communication, air traffic management, or airline operations.
• Experience with storage and management of large data.
• Ability to create and execute SQL queries.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or technical equivalent.
• Masters preferred.
Use Programming Language
Agile Software Development