Senior IT Support Analyst
Mounds View, MN
6 month contract
As a Senior IT Support Analyst, you will work with a team of highly developed technical professionals. Your responsibilities will include ensuring commercial applications are functioning and performing as required. Your commitment to drive and manage high - quality execution, operational excellence and deliver technology solutions that meet business needs and optimize customer experience will have a very important impact on the organization, and ultimately, affect the lives of millions.
On a daily basis, you will monitor the environment health, respond to incidents, restore service after a critical incident, and provide recommendations to improve the supportability and availability of commercial applications. Strong support experiences with an emphasis on analyzing and troubleshooting issues is required. This role will partner will one other person to ensure 24x7x365 support of our applications.
Top 3 things in an ideal candidate:
1. Production Monitoring tools Experience
2. SQL Server Experience
3. AWS Production Support Experience
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Monitor the environment health, and drive improvements to enhance availability and performance
- Execute processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs
- Identify and remediate failed batch and real-time processing events
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including in-depth technical analysis, troubleshooting, analyzing, root cause and engaging appropriate SME’s as needed to drive incident and problem management
- Create and drive permanent solutions and improvements after root cause is identified
- Identify opportunities for automation and operational efficiencies
- Customer service orientation is key. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with internal business partners, engineering teams, and other technology professionals
- Create and Share technical knowledge documentation
- Ensure support readiness prior to the deployment of any change to the production environment
- Provide release support for code deployments
- Resolves technical problems that originate by telephone in a call center/help desk environment.
- Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from previous experience to resolve issues surrounding the installation, usage, and training of customers on software and/or hardware products.
- May work with technical, sales, customer service or marketing staff to resolve recurring problems and issues with products.
- Answers questions regarding system procedures, on-line transactions, systems status, and downtime procedures.
- Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems.
- Recommends systems modifications in order to reduce user problems.
- Experience with Proactive monitoring tools and methods as well as hands on experience with those tools.
SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM:
Typically, an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the operation initiatives – from design to implementation - while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University).
- Autonomy: Seasoned individual contributor and a Self-Driver
- Works independently under limited supervision to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level specialists; may manage projects/processes.
- Be a self-driver and deliver proactiveness in solutioning the problem and influence operations team with continuous improvement attitude
- Organizational Impact: May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- Contributes to the completion of work group objectives, through building relationships and consensus to reach agreements on assignments.
- Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of multiple issues, job areas or specialties .
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Analysis provided is in-depth in nature and often provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exchange information of facts, statuses, ideas and issues to achieve objective, and influence decision-making.
- Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work product.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of technical applications support preferably in a hosted services environment
- 2+ years of experience with Windows and Linux based operating systems
- 2+ years of Microsoft SQL database administration and transact SQL query writing experience
- maintaining and monitoring automated processes using scheduling tools
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- ITIL experience including incident, change and problem management
- Experience supporting cloud technologies e.g. Azure and AWS
- Experience with monitoring tools (like AppDynamics, CA etc) along with creating monitoring dashboards for business stakeholders
- Must be willing to work in 24x7 environment and be part of on-call rotation
- System performance / monitoring experience
- Knowledge of data integration tools
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Healthcare services, terminology, and process flow
- Project Management experience
- Ability to anticipate and drive change
- OS is Windows Server 2012R2 and higher & Database is SQL Server 2017 and higher
Apply now or contact our office @ Phone number blocked - click to apply.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Process Improvements (Business)