Join our ATMP team responsible for maintaining the operational status of the Army’s critical TADSS platforms. These systems include JLCCTC, IEWTPT, TGS, TCDCGS-T, GFT, CBCSE, LVC-IA, MRF, SMART-T, and MILSTAR. ATMP team members act as partners with the government throughout the training events and in between events to ensure process and product conformance to standard throughout the area of operations.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
As an ATMP Regional Maintenance Engineer, you will be part of the ATMP Team by supporting government and contractor stakeholders throughout all phases of the system lifecycle, monitoring system status, and directing / documenting repairs. Specifically, you will:
- Manage and administer ATMP maintenance program throughout the area of operation (AOR).
- Perform all aspects of ATMP systems troubleshooting and repair to include communications-electronics, computer systems, sensor systems, LAN and data communications, configuration and maintenance of servers, routers, switches, multiplexers, workstations and peripherals as required on a per system basis
- Perform inspections of system components, preventive maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of modules and circuit cards to the lowest replaceable unit (LRU).
- Work with minimal supervision, documenting maintenance tasks via local and web- based reporting system, providing system functional briefings to customer and supervisor.
- Perform moderately complex technical functions such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical systems, or specialized test equipment to support products or product performance to validate, investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Perform operational test and return to service checks.
- Develop integration plans and performs hardware integrations and manage documentation schematics and modifications.
- Configure computer software, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to operate within designated networks.
- Perform logistic support requirements such as research, and equipment and spare part inventories.
- Provide Technical representation at meetings and consultations with clients or their representatives.
- Manages customer expectations as the on-site company representative.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work as a member of a cohesive team as well as independently.
- Interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful way.
- Multi-task efficiently and work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects.
- Supports the cross training and cross utilization of all ATMP team members in a collaborative environment as well as train new members of the team on needed skills supporting ATMP TADSS systems.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Travel TDY to multiple locations within your assigned area of operations with most of the time spent providing repairs in a shop environment and at the customer location
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Information Security
- Installations (Computer Systems)
- Network Switches
- Self Motivation
- Local Area Networks