To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clearwater, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Associate
CBIZ • Clearwater, FL
Posted 21 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. is the 4th largest tax, accounting, and consulting provider in Tampa Bay and 10th largest in the country. We provide our clients with high quality, industry leading expertise combined with a personalized level of service delivered at the local level. From advisory, audit and tax, to valuation services and business consulting, we are known for being attentive to clients' needs and committed to maximizing all aspects of our clients' financial interests.
Our nearly 160 professionals serve clients ranging from private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; professional services and not-for-profit organizations; and high net worth individuals and family groups. Our Forensic Accounting team provides significant litigation support and expert witness services to our clients throughout West Central Florida. We work seamlessly across the entire Tampa Bay area bringing you a tailored approach to tackling your challenges and helping you achieve your goals. We have served the Tampa Bay market for over 25 years; first as the legacy firms of Kirkland, Russ, Murphy & Tapp, P.A.(KRMT) and Lewis, Birch & Ricardo, LLC (LBR), and now as CBIZ & MHM.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Regarded as a Subject Matter Expert within business unit and shares knowledge
- Make recommendations on internal department procedures
- Recognize business opportunities for our clients and for CBIZ
- Relied upon for knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to management and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables; complete reviews as a member of the final review team to ensure quality control standards are met
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings and presentation and proposal development
- Understand client’s Qualified Plan needs
- Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
- Work to develop responsible, trained staff by conducting performance feedback and evaluations
- Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and builds a positive culture
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 7 years experience in public accounting or related field
- 5 years supervisory
- Must have and preserve required licenses
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on business needs #LI-DNI #DNPCB