DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win its in our DNA. Were looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Our human resources teams partner with the innovators driving DISHs unique brand of creative ambition. From identifying and developing the companys deep pool of talent to negotiating the evolving employment landscape, our employees across HR bring their own kind of invention to effect positive change across the company and their own careers. This particular role will support corporate employees and leaders in the Customer Experience Operations group, as well as other corporate groups that lead front line organizations across DISH.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Provide HR consulting and coaching including but not limited to working with business leaders to solve personnel issues and assist business leaders with driving DISH organizational culture throughout the business organization
- Provide expertise in technical and regulatory aspects of employment including hiring, termination, performance management, and rewards
- Enable business change such as supporting the talent aspects of organization structure changes and/or facilitating change management initiatives
- HR program advocacy including but not limited to communicating the business value of HR initiatives and managing HR program roll out to minimize business disruption
- Partner with the People Operations Team to support the expansion of the HR Service Delivery Model through change management activities, consistent feedback loops and process design
- Partner with mid-level leaders, and other team members to influence and improve upon the employee experience
- Work with colleagues in the DISH HR shared services organization (talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HRIS, analytics, etc) to assure good alignment with employee needs and ongoing process/service improvement initiatives
- Employment brand ambassador who leads by example, and demonstrates DISH culture and values in his/her/their actions and words
- Interpret, understand, and execute on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form
- Report to work at a DISH facility on a regular, predictable and timely basis
- Meet all of DISHs performance expectations, including but not limited to, satisfying all applicable metrics, productivity standards, goals, and proficiencies related to overall performance
A successful HR Business Partner will have the following:
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, across multiple HR disciplines (like Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Shared Services, Operations, Compliance and Generalist work)
- Experience supporting multiple employee types and multiple lines of business (high volume/entry-level, professional/specialty, technology, etc.)
- Analytical, but able to communicate complex information simply
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial culture as well as a larger, established company desired
- Experience in coaching and advising employees at multiple levels from front-line hourly employees to executives
- Deep knowledge of best practices from past employers, professional networks, and continuing education; strong preference for past experience with a best-in-class employer with strong, innovative HR practices
- Ability to stand firm and remain committed when necessary and facilitate understanding when difficult decisions must be made and executed
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment - with minimal daily oversight
Compensation: $76,000.00/Year - $109,000.00/Year Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here:
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.
- Business Transformation
- Change Management
- Customer Experience
- Data Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Cultures