To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) • US-Nationwide
Posted 25 days ago
The Research Scientist is responsible for development and manufacturing of our polycapillary optics. This position will work closely with our seasoned Research Scientists.
• Play a role in driving innovation to advance analytical capability with critical thinking, innovation mind and strong research disciplines.
• Learning and establishing technology know how and strong problem-solving skills for XRF analyzers.
• Complete Polycapillary bundle manufacturing process and write as well as update standard work of the process.
• Test and characterize the polycapillary bundles and manage the database of the polycapillary bundle test results
• Complete polycapillary optic manufacturing process and write as well as update standard work of the process.
• Learn the process of optic profile measurement and write standard work of the process
• Learn the polycapillary optic cutting procedure and write as well as update standard work of the procedure
• Enter polycapillary optic parameters of each optic made into the polycapillary optic database and the production master spreadsheet
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Strong Technical aptitude
• X-Ray instrumentation experience
• Optics Experience
• Strong innovation mind
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, excellent critical thinking, and strong research work ethic are demonstrated.
• Strong skills in linear equation and matrix solving, C and C++ basic.
• Strong background in solid state physics, material characterization, and atomic physics
• Spectral analysis in XRF or optical field is a plus.
• Research experience preferred
• PHD or Master degree or higher education degree in material science or physics or mechanical engineering preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Danaher Corporation Overview