Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Operational Technology
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Select’s Automation Technician will support the Water Transfer service line. The Water Transfer service line collects and moves water through poly pipe, lay flat hose and underground pipeline systems from water sources to customer frac jobs. The work of Automation Technician’s is laborious and performed outdoors in all types of conditions.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Install a variety of sensors and electrical equipment in an outdoor environment
- Ensure automation equipment is in proper working order
- Interact professionally with onsite customer representatives
- Work closely and have strong communication with coworkers, specifically as it relates to planning for current and future oil and gas operations
- Use a computer proficiently to send reports and to create virtual automation sites using our software
- Communicating with other workers, using signals, radios, and telephones
- Using common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Driving trucks and other vehicles to transport equipment, personnel and perform job task
- Attending and successfully completing training as directed for DOT, OSHA and safety
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Preferred degree or certification in related field
- 1 year of oil and gas/ industrial experience (or related experience)
- Some electrical or water transfer experience a plus
- Willingness to grow and develop with the position as it evolves
- High motivated and focused
- Self-sufficient; self-starter
- Ability to work independently establish priorities and complete competing assignments within required timeframes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle in accordance to Select’s policies
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Select is an equal opportunity employer. It is Select’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act Select requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.