EMCOR Facilities Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting theroutine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. Bycombining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilitiesknowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our governmentclients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value. Job Title:
Maintenance Painter/GMW Job Summary:
EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate need for a MaintenancePainter in St Louis MO. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paints and redecorates walls, ceilings, woodwork and fixtures. Work involves surface preparation and repair.
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor or customer regarding painting.
- Smooths surfaces, using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool, and removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scraper, wire brush, or blowtorch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switch-covers, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting. Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Install, mud, tape smooth dry wall then paint in a work man like manner.
- Applies paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
- Performs other maintenance repairs as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years commercial painting experience.
- Vocational training desired.
- Work on a government facilities maintenance contract preferred.
- Must be able to obtain Missouri Pharmacy Tech License
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift,twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single graspmotion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects inexcess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to otherdestinations as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. #CB2