Responsible for the handling of petroleum and liquid products in a safe and environmentally appropriate manner, scheduling and managing tank inventories and training.
Successfully and effectively follow all health, safety, security, environmental (EHS) and operational practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of terminal equipment, regulatory requirements, terminal maintenance and computer operations.
• Ability to understand and follow internal and external policies and procedures and recognize out of compliance conditions and implement corrective action.
• Ability to monitor and maintain equipment in a manner that will allow for safe, efficient operations 24/7.
• Ability to work alone at times, requiring a high level of motivation and initiative.
• Effectively communicate with Managers, Peers and Contractors as necessary to perform the Terminal Operator role.
• Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks.
• Perform automatic and manual readings (meters, gauges, etc.)
• Perform maintenance and housekeeping on various pieces of terminal equipment and/or terminal grounds involving physical labor activities such as lifting, hammering, wrenching, pulling or climbing.
• Conduct sampling, calibration and other quality assurance activities.
• Gauge terminal tanks before receipt of product by truck, rail car or marine tanker vessel.
• Monitor contractors for adherence to prescribed safety guidelines.
• Utilize computers to log information, complete training and communicate with others.
• Complete authorization to work permits and other safety related paperwork and procedures such as lock-out/tag-out.
• Calibrate various pieces of equipment.
• Maintain product integrity.
• Learn and follow government regulations.
• Provide safety orientations, as appropriate.
• Maintain terminal automation systems and all related equipment.
• Keep appropriate inventory documentation up to date, organized, and readily available.
• Interface effectively with Project Managers.
• Assist with, prepare, and implement a preventive maintenance program.
• Ability to direct inbound pipeline receipts to appropriate tanks
• Must be able to work effectively with contractors
• All other duties as assigned and trained
• Successful candidate subject to pre-employment drug screen and background check
High School diploma or equivalent
Must have 2 years pipeline or oil / petroleum industry experience
• Knowledge of diagrams (electrical / mechanical) reading
• Knowledge of pressure control devices, valves, etc.
• Must have or be able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude skills and ability
• Must have solid math skills, including addition, subtraction, percentages and fractions
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
•Must understand and remain DOT qualified (OQ)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Must have good communication skills and technical language with ability to check for understanding to eliminate miscommunications
•Must demonstrate initiative and be an effective member of the work team
•Must possess and be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
•Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or drag hoses and equipment of up to 75 pounds in weight and climb to heights up to 50 feet.
•Must be able and willing to work up to 15 hours in a shift
•Will be required to work outside for extended periods of time in all types of weather conditions as needed
•Will be on call, 24 hours a day, 7 days week
•Would prefer that candidate live within 30 miles of facility in order to quickly response to emergency calls
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2 -4 year college preferred
•Post High School education in technical crafts or work experience in job duties described above
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.