Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, engaging and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
The Pharmacy Technician Supervisor is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations in the IV room, including the supervision of the Pharmacy Technicians. This individual will also be responsible for preparing aseptic IV admixtures including chemotherapy preparations. S/he will maintain quality control standards pertaining to the clean room and to routine Laminar Flow Hood/BSC Maintenance as well as all records associated with Quality control of Clean room activities. S/he will help to order medication and supplies and enters computer data.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of Pharmacy Technicians. Responsible for evaluating, refining, developing, and implementing work flow processes, leading staff training and development, conducting performance evaluations and competency assessments, overseeing timekeeping which includes tracking and reporting overtime, assisting with payroll, and scheduling staff.
- Accurately and aseptically compounds all IV admixtures/chemotherapy preparations in a timely manner. Knowledge of automated compounding equipment. Follows Laminar Flow Hood preparation, cleaning and aseptic techniques as described in the Pharmacy Policy and Procedures Manual. Follows and enforces gowning/gloving/hand washing requirements in clean areas at all times.
- Maintains Quality Control Activities and Records as described in the Pharmacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains Laminar Flow Hood and BSC monitoring guidelines maintenance as described in the Pharmacy Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Stocks products needed in pharmacy areas.
- Places orders for medications and supplies from different vendors as needed in absence of Corporate Materials Manager or Pharmacy Manager.
- Oversees initial and ongoing training of new and existing pharmacy technicians.
- Participates in the recruiting process. Interviews pharmacy technician candidates and works with the Hiring.
- Manager to make a final hiring decision, in accordance with Company’s recruiting policy.
- Recommends disciplinary action when needed and participates in departmental HR concerns.
- Performs other related duties assigned by a pharmacist or management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED. Some college preferred
- Current certified pharmacy technician license
- At least 1 year of experience directly or indirectly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work, OR 3-5 years of Pharmacy Technician experience with demonstrated progression.
- A background in mathematics that is sufficient to solve pharmacy calculations
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to make precise measurements and perform tasks repetitively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- The ability to delegate responsibility appropriately to ensure all work is completed accurately and timely.
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to lift a 50 lbs box from the floor to assist in stocking meds
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Attention To Detail