To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager
Aegion Corporation • Baltimore, MD
Posted 26 days ago
Fyfe Company, an Aegion company is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager.
Fyfe Company is the leading manufacturer and designer of fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) systems for strengthening concrete, masonry, steel and wooden structures. Founded in 1988 to strengthen deficient bridge columns in California for seismic events using aerospace materials. Today, Fyfe is recognized around the world as the pioneer of the FRP structural strengthening industry with over 40 patents in the field. In 2011, Fyfe was acquired by Aegion Corporation and today continues to serve various infrastructure markets.
Fyfe manufactures and designs specialized carbon, glass, aramid and hybrid fabrics combined with polymers for use in strengthening projects. The company is committed to providing quality technical support and professional, up-to-date solutions through continuous research and innovation.
The Business Development Manager is the salesperson with direct responsibility for the execution of annual sales plans for a targeted geographic territory. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the business development effort. Define and execute sales strategies and tactics to meet or exceed annual sales plans and quotas.
- Generate and qualify leads for subsequent development.
- Perform key account planning to identify, develop, and close business opportunities in support of business plan and strategic objectives. Maintain favorable business relationships with key accounts.
- Cultivate a comprehensive understanding of the technical solutions offered by Aegion Corporation with a strong focus on Tyfo products and services. Conduct sales calls and make product / service presentations to meet customer needs.
- Review and understand bid documents thoroughly to prepare project quotes. Execute bid strategy, provide input into the estimating process, optimize pricing, and develop project teams (consultants, subcontractors, and other internal and external collaborators) to acquire and execute profitable orders.
- Fully utilize company CRM to provide accurate forecasting and resource allocation.
- Generate market and competitor intelligence and perform market analysis to drive territory sales growth.
- Influence the buying practices, contracting and procurement vehicles for customer organizations. Develop technical specifications that support product position and facilitate operational efficiency.
- Assist in the achievement of orders, revenue, and profit objectives for specific geographic territory of Fyfe. Remain current on operational capabilities, backlog, and cost structure.
- Represent organization within appropriate industry and professional organizations.
- Provide input into development of marketing communications and product portfolio decisions.
- Coordinate pilot projects and/or project demonstrations to assist with the testing and validation of new technologies and facilitate product launches.
- Spearhead management of customer service and achieve customer satisfaction. Ensure prompt investigation of client concerns and provide problem resolutions or referral to appropriate personnel.
- Remain current on sales performance and provide sales reports as required. Provide ongoing status reports to detail activity to include factored sales forecast, orders report, and backlog report. Jay
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Construction Management preferred, PE accreditation highly desirable. Will consider Business, Finance, Sales, Marketing degree with a proven 3+ year history of technical sales performance in a closely related structural engineering field. MBA is an asset.
- 3+ years experience as a Consulting Engineer in structural engineering or in a Technical Direct Sales environment preferred.
- 3+ years experience using an enterprise wide CRM preferred
- Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- A general understanding of the construction and client-related business.
- Trainable & coachable in professional selling techniques, is persuasive, and has client focused writing skills.
- A genuine interest in serving the client. Competitive and achievement-oriented. Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Can perform and report complex financial calculations.
- Able to sell both products and services.
- Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- Travel by automobile and airplane required.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested