To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Financial Accounting (Corporate Accounting Strategy)
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To lead the development and implementation of systems and processes for complex accounting areas inclusive of estimates that are prone to varying levels of judgement. Understand and interpret external authoritative changes to identify impacted Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP) financial statement areas. Oversee Corporate Accounting’s team for data analytics/modeling and strategic analysis projects. Model and forecast financial quantification and provide strategic options for emerging authoritative guidance. Partner with business units to advise on financial statement impact for strategic growth objectives and business process changes. Automate accounting processes to meet GAAP and auditing standards while maximizing efficiency of available resources.
• Establish and execute new accounting processes/estimates for emerging GAAP guidance and new lending products/services
• Serve as the developmental and analytical engine of the corporate accounting team to provide financial and strategic insights and support optimal business decision making
• Serve as a liaison between functional areas and management for the implementation of accounting estimates and complex accounting processes for business unit activities
• Stay abreast of a changing external environment (accounting, regulatory, etc.), conducting analysis to identify business risks and opportunities and informing management of potential financial statement impacts
• Supervise the development of financial models to influence strategic decision making around accounting estimates as either primary model, challenger model or validation model (dependent on financial statement area) in the model governance best practices framework
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc. to create quantitative on-top accounting estimates for qualitative adjustments to existing developed models and to support simplifying assumptions
• Supervise modeling efforts to ensure that projections and forecasts adhere to appropriate GAAP financial standards and answer particular business questions to tell the story behind the quantitative results
• Perform trending analysis and industry/peer group comparisons
• Implement financial dashboards and work with business intelligence tools
• Research, gather and synthesize data; present conclusions and recommendations to management and/or team members
• Evaluate and refine internal processes and implement technical controls and validation processes to ensure data integrity/accuracy
• Supervise documentation of projects to meet audit and regulatory requirements
• Work cross-functionally as point of contact with business areas, ISD staff, and vendors regarding technical issues, complex testing and troubleshooting to ensure daily work meets strategic intent
• Develop critical relationships with key technical and non-technical stakeholders to gain concurrence, input, execution, and change management decisions
• Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant industry standards, best practices, business processes and NFCU systems to ensure compliance with standards, policy, procedures, and vendor contractual requirements
• Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis
• Perform supervisory/managerial duties
• Ensure adequate/skilled staffing
• Establish performance goals and priorities in alignment with division/department strategy
• Prepare, conduct and review performance appraisals
• Develop, mentor and counsel staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA required
• Experience implementing new accounting guidance and systems in response to changes in GAAP, regulatory guidance, and business processes
• Experience in managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of the highest complexity which have business risk and impact
• Ability to work in an evolving environment to assess the impact of changes in objectives and to rapidly shift priorities as circumstances change to meet deadlines and goals
• Advanced knowledge of thought leadership in providing vision and strategic thinking around a full range of technical decisions and issues
• Advanced knowledge of auditing requirements and best practices related to model development and documentation to support appropriateness of model methodology, accuracy of underlying data, and controls around model governance
• Advanced standards of accuracy and precision
• Experience in work which displays increasing levels of responsibility and/or authority
• Significant experience and proficiency with data querying, researching and reporting including demonstrated skill validating accuracy and applicability of underlying data
• Experience in developing agile financial models
• Significant experience analyzing/interpreting informational models/mappings and to think objectively to interpret meaningful themes in quantitative and qualitative data
• Significant experience translating complex concepts, customer needs, motivations and behaviors into easy-to-understand interactive experiences and deliverables
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill presenting clearly and concisely to stakeholders and management on findings/conclusions and strategies/alternatives to influence decision making
• Advanced interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and tactfully with, effectively influence and build constructive relationships with staff, management, peers, auditors, regulators, vendors, and members in a variety of settings
• Experience with the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and related analytical tools including basic Microsoft tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SQL Server Management Studio) as well as Informatica, Teradata, Hadoop, Tableau, SAS and/or R.
• Highly driven and self-motivated team player
• Desired – Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
• Desired – Certified Financial Analyst designation
• Desired – Significant experience with financial institutions and/or NCUA regulations
• Desired – Experience in a SOX or SOX-like environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability