You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Personal Lines Auto Insurance Underwriter - Customer Service
At First Chicago Insurance Company, our employees are our biggest asset! It is our mission to attract and retain intelligent, motivated, ethical employees who strive for excellence and growth, and to keep those employees happy and engaged. We provide the tools and the support our employees need to grow both professionally and personally. We encourage self-improvement and celebrate success by rewarding ideas and results. We realize the strength of teamwork and its ability to join individuals together and push and pull each other, with a synergy that can only be found in groups of good people sharing ideas. Join in on the excitement and become part of our thriving organization!
We are seeking a Personal Auto Underwriter to join our team!
The Personal Auto Underwriter will be responsible for assisting the Underwriting Department in overall productivity. Scope of the position includes ensuring compliance with state mandated handling guidelines and delivering customer service to agencies / policyholders. Interaction with agents and policyholders will be necessary to perform the job duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of customer service by delivering timely responses to agents / policyholders on quotes, endorsements and renewals.
- Develop a basic understanding of coverage's, exposures, rating plans and state requirements.
- Enter new business policies, endorsements and renewals.
- Order reports and assimilate information as required to support the underwriting process.
- Assist the Underwriting Unit as required for new business, endorsement and renewal processes.
- Work on special projects as directed.
- Prepare system output for mailing.
- Complete Financial Responsibility Filings.
- Assist in training of new underwriting staff in system and daily underwriting processes
- Prior customer service experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to pass written examinations where required by state statutes to become a licensed Property and Casualty Agent
- Good typing/data entry skills (min. 30 wpm)
- College degree or related industry experience.
- Property and Casualty Agency license
- Ability to use on-line underwriting system
First Chicago Insurance Company provides a competitive benefits package to all full- time employees. Following are some of the perks First Chicago employees receive:
- Competitive Salaries
- Commitment to your Training & Development
- Medical and Dental
- Telemedicine Benefit
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement Training Programs
- Wellness Program
- Fun company sponsored events
- And so much more!
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g33wv0r
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.