Staffmark is seeking a shipping/receiving clerk for our customer warehouse in Elwood, IL!
Starting pay rate: $15.50 per hour
- 2nd Shift – Monday - Friday 2pm to 10:00pm
Full time opening with growth opportunity!
Job Description: The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk communicates with inbound truck drivers as required and operates the inbound shipping window.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges and space availability
- Manage receiving schedule of inbound shipments for vendors
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Completes shipping and receiving reports
- Must account for sealed trailers upon arrival and departure
- Using a warehouse management system prepare accurate bills of lading for outbound freight.
- Ensures that drivers depart with appropriate paperwork
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Extended standing for long periods of time
- Requires extensive use of hands and arms for grasping, and handling of product
- Ability to work in environments with various noise levels, non temperature control, and variant lighting
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Built in flexibility in work schedule
COVID-19 procedures in full effect:
- Must have face mask and worn at all times as a part of PPE.
- Temperatures are taken at the beginning of shift. Anyone over 38C is sent home.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout building and use is encouraged.
- Sanitation in lace for COVID-19 cleaning all day.
- If you are sick with any COVID related symptoms, you can not come back until you have doctors release.
- All cases are reviewed on individual basis to determine if doctors note it required.
- Weekly pay every Friday
- Temp to hire opportunity after 90 days
We offer a $50 referral bonus. Refer your friends and family and if hired and work 80 hours, you will earn the bonus!
Call or text Russell at
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.