To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager I/II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To plan, manage, and execute all aspects of life-cycle projects from inception through implementation. To develop project plans and deliver solutions on schedule and within budget in support of service innovations and organizational and process changes/enhancements.
The primary function of this role will be to manage audits and examinations from regulatory agencies, investors, and / or additional sources. This role includes cross-division collaboration, facilitating communication and expectations between internal and external auditors, as well as the Project Management work detailed below.
- Ensures effective management of projects from inception through implementation.
- Defines, develops and executes project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, cost estimates, and schedules
- Works with the business group to determine and understand business requirements
- Manages projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
- Develops clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Navy Federal organizational goals
- Directs and leads Project Teams by developing and coordinating work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and training
- Manages project budgets including risk and impact of changes to project plans
- Identifies and minimizes project risks or constraints that would impact project deliverables
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross-organizational that may impede or impact other projects/initiatives
- Maintains/archives project documentation
- Ensures project deliverables are met in accordance with customers’ expectations.
- Sets, manages, and communicates client expectations for the project
- Oversees project progress to ensure project documentation and schedules are in compliance with previously agreed requirements and standards
- Identifies, escalates and/or resolves issues associated with project(s) ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and schedules
- Monitors and controls risks to ensure timelines are met and project goals are attained
- Facilitates project team and client meetings for the resolution of project issues
- Provides project status reports to management
- Ensures success of projects by working closely with Procurement regarding vendor contracts.
- Works closely with Procurement to clearly define and understand contracts, including language, scope, pre- and post-award, contract closure, basic legal aspects, and risk management
- Manages contracts’ quality assurance, including contract administration and execution
- Manages contract budget, cost control mechanisms and Change control
- Serves as primary point of contact for project management and related issues.
- Secures resources and ensures optimum utilization of those resources, meeting budgetary requirements
- Allocates project team assignments to ensure accountability, establishes a team environment, manages personnel changes, and executes the training plan
- Manages, executes, and communicates project plan, changes, direction, approach, and priorities based on changing business requirements, circumstances, new information and/or budget considerations to stakeholders
- Establishes team objectives and assignments, reviews work products, and provides timely feedback to staff regarding performance; may provide input to team members’ performance appraisals
- Promotes team building and skills development of project team members
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manages small, multiple projects, or portions of a larger project
- Identifies, communicates, escalates, and resolves project issues and risks to branch/division management
- Provides guidance to help team members and stakeholders
- Fosters relationships with staff, peers, and business unit
- Participates in contract management efforts, including contract development, monitoring and issue resolution
- Manages multiple, moderately complex projects
- Solves moderate to complex project-related problems
- Interacts effectively with managers and division/department management concerning projects
- Participates with division/department management in researching and selecting vendors
- Recommends improvements across division/department lines
- Builds relationships with management and key stakeholders
- Manages relationships with vendors, including contract definition, monitoring and issue resolution
Qualifications (all required unless otherwise noted)
- Experience in progressively responsible administrative positions that demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Effective planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience working with all levels of employees, management, stakeholders, and vendors
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative, good judgment, and making sound and timely decisions
- Demonstrated skill achieving goals and objectives
- Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and
- database applications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Experience leading and/or managing small projects or portions of larger projects
- Experience participating in, and/or managing, cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
- Solid knowledge of project lifecycles, project management methodologies, and business requirements analysis
- Strong planning, organization, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skill in leading, guiding, and mentoring others
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience working with all levels of staff, management, and vendors
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts, including language, intricacies, scope, and risk management
- Demonstrated skill in effectively building relationships with and influence team members, management, vendors, and a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in presenting findings and conclusions clearly and concisely to stakeholders and management
- Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and project management applications)
Desired (Level I & Level II)
- Extensive experience managing audits and / or regulatory examinations for financial institutions
- Advanced Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (Level II)
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) Certification or other Industry certifications
- Knowledge of Navy Federal’s, or other financial institutions’, operations
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) standards
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST (Additional hours may be required based upon business needs)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability