To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Michelle Bollinger
- Phone: 248-358-1002 ext. 232
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Health Care Analyst
w3r Consulting • Southfield, MI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position with a Major Health Plan. Full Time role. M-F. Southfield, MI
The Senior Health Care Analyst is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, implementing, and leading department assignments.This role researches, compiles, and analyzes appropriate and relevant data and makes recommendations for operational and tactical improvements.
- Provides audit and analytics support to Medicare Advantage and Senior Health Services team.
- Builds and supports business reports to be included in executive and client dashboards.
- Gathers requirements for Medicare Advantage dashboard and implements the dashboards.
- Leads in the research, analysis, identification, and evaluation of data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues.
- Manages and monitors multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Develops lines of communication to discuss and review results of analysis to management via reports and presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Investigates, reviews, recommends, communicates, and implements solutions which identify problems/root cause of issues.
- Identifies and resolves challenges in order to fulfill key corporate objectives and responds to the demands of change management and initiates actions needed to plan, organize, and control team activities.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required.
- Interacts with Medicare Advantage functional business owners to define measurable metrics and assists them to use the dashboard on a daily basis.
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care, Information Systems, Statistics, or a related field. Masters degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Seven years experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (financial analysis, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, systems analysis, or business management). Several years experience with Star Rating and CAHPS would be preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to design and develop Dashboard metrics using Excel, Access, and SAS tools.
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Logical thinking to include the analysis of government initiatives and contracts.
- Excellent knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of data languages such as SQL and other data analysis approaches.
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with
employees at all levels.