You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Retail Parts Pro
At Advance Auto Parts, a Retail Parts Pro (RPP) is part of the management team and responsible for growing the sales of automotive parts and related merchandise in accordance with company standards. The Retail Parts Pros must be committed to inspiring our team, helping our customers succeed, and growing the retail business profitably and with integrity.
A Retail Parts Pro at Advance Auto Parts is responsible for:
- Being an “A' player on the Advance Auto Parts team
- Having a passion for serving our customers and offering superior service to every customer, every day
- Being actively engaged in our business and bringing their best to work every day
- Being committed to improving themselves, their fellow Team Members and our company
- Working to exceed their individual and store targets every day
- Offer a superior shopping experience to every customer in a way that drives up our DIY traction scores and helps the store achieve full potential.
Key Focus Areas:
- Providing Legendary Customer Service
- Knowing retail metrics
- Executing on daily, weekly and period goals to drive profitable retail growth
Essential Job Skills needed to be a Successful Retail Parts Pro include ability to:
- Work with General Manager to produce a consistently winning store
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Build strong relationships (team, customers, peers, Store Support Center Team Members and supervisor)
- Transfer parts knowledge to all store team members to help increase the stores product knowledge and sales
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and hold others accountable for their individual and store results.
- Effectively execute all key tasks, critical to supporting our 4 key strategies (Transform DIY, Accelerate Commercial, Availability and Service Excellence), including attachment selling, selling premium parts, etc.
- Maintain high standards of customer service and create a superior customer experience for each customer by promptly greeting them and helping them locate the right merchandise for their project
- Maintain and develop a comprehensive product knowledge
- Maintain an awareness of and achieve maximum results on all promotions and advertisements
- Execute merchandise moves, stocking and display with high housekeeping standards
- Participate in inventories and periodic cycle counts
- Ring sales at register and provide prompt and expedient service
- Build customer loyalty and aid customers in locating the right merchandise for their project
- Use computers accurately and effectively
- Work well in a diverse, fast-paced and results-oriented retail environment
- Produce consistently high sales averages
- Manage time effectively
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Be punctual and at work as scheduled
- Responsible for working with the General Manager to lead the store team and grow the retail business in conformity with the company’s 4 key strategies and 3 core values
- Maintains rapport with current retail customers in order to keep abreast of their needs
- Consistently provides professional, courteous and prompt customer service to both retail and commercial customers, utilizing parts experience and knowledge to insure complete customer satisfaction
- Delegates or completes the marking and storing of parts in stockroom according to prearranged system
- Assists in managing inventory and the appearance of Parts Department
- Completes all required training materials, attends all scheduled company meetings, and meets or exceed all assigned sales goals or quotas
- Utilizes a strong knowledge of automotive systems, categories of merchandise, warranties, and Company Policies to make recommendations and suggestions to customers to gain their confidence and business
- Thorough understanding of automotive principles and the ability to diagnose problems and recommend solutions
- Performs other assigned store duties that include, but are not limited to, stocking, cleaning, sales, customer service, cashiering, truck loading/unloading, delivering, and inventory management
- Demonstrating an eagerness to be a team player and assist in other functions as assigned by the store management team
- Must have a flexible schedule that would allow you to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed to provide quality service and grow the business profitably and with integrity.
Prior Experience that sets a Professional Sales Associate up for Greater Success
- 3-5 years of prior automotive parts experience is preferred
- 2-3 years of previous management experience is preferred
- History of successful job performance
- Working knowledge of automotive systems
- Diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, and all other related systems for an automobile
- ASE certification preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic work environment
- Must possess good verbal communications skills, including good salesmanship abilities
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to become fleet safety certified
- High School diploma and/or GED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are interested in joining Advance Auto Parts at this exciting time
of our growth and you meet or exceed the qualifications, click on the Apply button below.
- Automotive Industry
- Customer Experience
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: R-0236508
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.