The Security Operations Center Analyst will be responsible planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks, and data. This person will act as a first responder to cyber-incidents. They report cyber threats and then implement changes to protect our Customer’s environments. Your ability to analyze real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic; and demonstrate the ability to differentiate malicious traffic from false positives will be critical in this position. This is a fulltime position, working 10:30AM to 7:00PM Monday through Friday, located in Downers Grove IL. Qualifications
- 1-2 years’ experience in a security related position
- Certifications preferred: CCNA, Security+, GCIA, Certified Ethical Hacker, and CISSP
- Experience performing daily system monitoring and health checks for various security products
- Experience performing threat hunting on enterprise level SIEM’s (Splunk and AlienVault preferred)
- Confident triaging alerts and reports of incidents
- Confident analyzing real traffic and associated artifacts: malicious, normal, and application traffic; and demonstrate the ability to differentiate malicious traffic from false positives
- Configuring firewalls, data encryption, and other security measures
- Knowledgeable in Splunk searching (SPL) and Linux data retrieval using GREP commands
- Understanding of how DNS works for both legitimate and malicious purposes
- Understanding basic network protocols and traffic flow in an enterprise environment
- Assist with maintaining and improving our alarming logic for new and existing log sources with our development team
- The candidate must have a car, as this position requires travel between location and the transportation of equipment
- A valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance will be required
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude
We focus on candidates that display our “ACE” factor – Attitude, Compassion, and Enthusiasm to deliver quality solutions with exceptional customer service.
What you get:
We offer an energetic work environment with many corporate culture amenities, competitive salary, and rich benefit plan including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 529, Life Insurance, Income Protection Short and Long-Term Disability, Medical and Child/Elder Care, Flexible Spending Account Plans, Employee Assistance Program, Two weeks vacation, additional paid time-off for Personal and Sick, certification and hands-on training, and discounts for local event entertainment and health clubs. Overview
MOTIVATED…..make IT happen!
Sentinel Technologies, Inc. has been rated a top workplace every year since 2012!
Sentinel delivers solutions that can efficiently address a range of IT needs – from security, to communications, to systems & networks, to software applications, to cloud and managed services; all of which include our staffing solutions for our clients. Since 1982, Sentinel has grown from providing technology maintenance services to our current standing as one of the leading IT services and solutions provider in the US. We have aligned with many of today’s global technology leaders including Cisco, Dell, VMware and Microsoft. Sentinel services customers both nationally and internationally with primary support operating centers in Downers Grove (HQ), Chicago, and Springfield, IL; Phoenix, AZ.; Detroit, Lansing, and Grand Rapids, MI; Milwaukee, WI; Denver, CO; and Fort Lauderdale, FL.
If you are MOTIVATED… you can make IT happen at Sentinel. Our commitment to our employees is to create a work environment that encourages creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, fosters growth through certification and hands-on training, and values a team-oriented culture with rewards based on impact!
If you share our passion about what technology can do and want to be part of a top workplace environment – we’d like to have you join our team. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Analyst.
As part of Sentinel's employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check. Only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Sentinel is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Analyst.
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Comp Tia Security+
- Information Security
- Giac Certified Intrusion Analyst
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- System Monitoring