Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Preventative Maintenance Service Technician will inspect and maintain machinery and equipment in support of the Total Productive Maintenance program
Essential functions, duties and responsibilities:
• Performs preventive maintenance and inspections on machinery and equipment.
• Ensures PM services are performed thoroughly and on time.
• Recognizes and reports abnormal conditions on equipment in order to facilitate repairs before minor issues lead to machine downtime.
• Accurately updates maintenance software records, work orders, downtime and parts inventory.
• Trains production leads and operators to perform minor daily maintenance on equipment.
• Identifies new items for addition to PM inspection checklists, to improve equipment reliability and longevity.
• Maintains an accurate parts inventory of all PM related items.
• Identifies and recommends equipment design changes to improve safety, reduce maintenance requirements and improve reliability.
• Performs other tasks and duties as needed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Four years of combined education and/or experience in an industrial maintenance and repair discipline.
• Electrical, mechanical and hydraulics experience preferred.
• Two years of experience in a Preventive Maintenance position in manufacturing preferred.
• Computer literate with experience with MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Current driver’s license and good driving record.
• Willing to work 9/80 schedule with flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough, accurate and detail oriented with strong observational skills.
• Good written and verbal English skills.
• Ability to effectively utilize Computerized Maintenance Software.
• Demonstrates and maintains a professional demeanor in all situations including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
International Traffic In Arms Regulations